ページ

2013年3月1日金曜日

便利に使える動詞「make」




「make」と聞いたら「作る」という意味しかないと思っていませんか?
実は「make」には沢山の使い道があって、とっても便利な動詞なんです。

以下に例を挙げてみます。

make a mistake - 失敗をする
例: I made a mistake. I’m sorry.

make an appointment - 予約する
例: He made an appointment at the dentist.

make a promise - 約束する
例: You made me a promise. Keep it!

make a decision - 決断する
例: Managers have to make hard decisions sometimes.

make a suggestion - 提案する
例: I made a few suggestions but nobody agreed.

make an excuse - 言い訳する
例: Stop making excuses for your laziness.


「make」には
根底の意味として「存在しないものを存在させる」というニュアンスがあります。

ビジネスの場面でもよく使われる単語なので、普段から慣れておいたら便利ですよ。


最後に英英辞典での「make」の定義を紹介します。

1.You can use make with a wide range of nouns to indicate that someone performs an action or says something. For example, if you make a suggestion, you suggest something.

2.You can use make with certain nouns to indicate that someone does something well or badly. For example, if you make a success of something, you do it successfully, and if you make a mess of something, you do it very badly.

3.If you makeas if to do something or maketo do something, you behave in a way that makes it seem that you are just about to do it.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿